Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2008

My parents in Leyte............

Just got an offline message from my younger brother who is in Cebu City right now informing me that my parents are in Leyte since Wednesday. He said, he tried to contact them on the home phone since they live in Davao City but found out that Mama and Papa are in Leyte. They didn't tell me that they are going for a quick vacation since my last talk to them over the phone.

Papa was originally from Maasin, Southern Leyte, Philippines. Southern Leyte is a province of the Philippines in the Eastern Visayas Region. Maasin is the capital of the province and is considered as one of the oldest town in Southern Leyte which is now called Maasin City.

I was only seven years old then when I first visited Maasin, Leyte particularly in Paco where my father was born and where most of his families lived. We also visited Ibarra, most of the barrio names I think were after the characters in the book written by Rizal Noli me tangere if I am not mistaken.

Paco was a very small barrio and most people lived a very simple life. Papa's parents lived nearby the seashore and it was good to feel the morning breeze of the ocean. I have no idea how Paco and Maasin look like now. I know there are a lot of changes after more than 20 years have passed since my first visit but I am looking forward to visit the place again and meet relatives and families again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 27 July 2008 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact laradee23@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org