Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2008

American Dream

Every Filipino dreamed of coming to America thinking that life could be better here. I, for one at a very young age had dreamed to come to the U.S. As far as I could remember I have always been attracted to American people because I always see them as beautiful and handsome maybe because the color of their skin, hair and their eyes. I even told myself that someday I would want to marry an American guy and come to America. I really didn't know but for some reason maybe I was already destined to marry one. Although I don't believe in destiny because I know things happen to our lives because of the choices and decisions we make. I remember, there were many occasions that I have been told that I would get married to a foreigner, a white guy. During those times, Internet dating websites were not known yet but I already knew about writing pen pals and I did try but there was no luck and never get serious about it. Then, dating websites began to get popular and I started joining to some of these dating websites hoping to make my American dream come true. There were a couple of American and some European men whom I met online and made commitments with but most of them were just full of promises and never met them in person either until I met the right man prepared by God for me. The man who fulfilled his promises, came to the Philippines to visit me, met my parents and proposed to marry me. I couldn't believe that I would marry a man whom I really dreamed and hoped for to spend life with, who would make my dreams come true. I am thankful to God that I met my husband. To me, the American dream that I wished for is not only coming here in the US but marrying the best man whose love and devotion is so great that I never imagine I would be blessed with.

To my hubby, Thank you very much for coming into my life and for the love and care that you always show to me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 27 July 2008 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact laradee23@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org